Entry-Level Electrical Engineer
After training, our Junior Engineer will be responsible for detailed design of mid voltage distribution projects up to and including 34kV. Candidate will interface closely with client and utilize company, OSHA, and IEEE standards to facilitate design projects. Distribution projects may include but will not be limited to 4 to 12kV conversions, Overhead to Underground conversions, smart grid, cable, and conduit design.
Candidate will be responsible for working closely with other engineering and design team members to coordinate overall design basis, providing direction and guidance to drafters and designers, directing the flow of drafting and designer duties, insuring design schedules are met, including regularly providing project status updates to project engineer. Incumbents are expected to work to develop advanced skills and have the ability to work both independently and within a team.
- BS Electrical Engineering degree
- Understanding of power engineering theories and principles
- Understanding of practices of researching engineering and design
issues, evaluating alternatives, making sound recommendations and preparing recommendations
- Ability to deal with a variety of individuals from various socio-
economic, cultural and ethnic backgrounds
- Good written and oral communication skills
- CAD software knowledge a plus
- Understanding of building design, power generation plants, and/or
- Ability to understand complex initiatives across multiple
- Downtown Chicago (Loop) Office
- 1 Block from public transportation
- Team Bonding activities / Pool Table / Nap Room
- Laidback office atmosphere
- Excellent training and mentorship programs
See all of KDM’s current open positions!