Entry-Level Electrical Engineer
After training, our Junior Engineer will be responsible for detailed design of mid voltage distribution projects up to and including 34kV. Candidate will interface closely with client and utilize company, OSHA, and IEEE standards to facilitate design projects. Distribution projects may include but will not be limited to 4 to 12kV conversions, Overhead to Underground conversions, smart grid, cable, and conduit design.
Candidate will be responsible for working closely with other engineering and design team members to coordinate overall design basis, providing direction and guidance to drafters and designers, directing the flow of drafting and designer duties, insuring design schedules are met, including regularly providing project status updates to project engineer. Incumbents are expected to work to develop advanced skills and have the ability to work both independently and within a team.
- BS Electrical Engineering degree
- Understanding of power engineering theories and principles
- Understanding of practices of researching engineering and design
issues, evaluating alternatives, making sound recommendations and preparing recommendations
- Ability to deal with a variety of individuals from various socio-
economic, cultural and ethnic backgrounds
- Good written and oral communication skills
- CAD software knowledge a plus
- Understanding of building design, power generation plants, and/or
- Ability to understand complex initiatives across multiple
- Downtown Chicago (Loop) Office
- 1 Block from public transportation
- Team Bonding activities / Pool Table / Nap Room
- Laidback office atmosphere
- Excellent training and mentorship programs
Interested in this position? Apply Now.
Sr. Electrical Engineer
We are seeking a knowledgeable Sr. Electrical Engineer with 7+ years of experience. The location of the position is in Chicago, IL and is for a person who needs no supervision to complete complex distribution designs and can also serve as a qualified to give a complete QA/QC check on other designer’s projects.
- BS degree in Electrical Engineering or Electrical Engineering Technology
- 7 years minimum of experience with Distribution Design
- PE license preferred
- Knowledge of industry codes and standards
- Ability to interface effectively with clients, employees, and management team is essential
- Motivated to continually take on more responsibility and lead the team
- Leads projects and project team in the execution of several mid-to-large scale projects
- Communicates and coordinates project activities with internal team members
- Perform Quality Assurance (QA) design reviews and Peer Reviews for all project documents
- Performs peer reviews and mentors project team members
- Assists in the preparation of scoping documents and fees
- Prepares and reviews project drawings in TED
- Resolves design questions and technical concerns
- Provides excellent client/customer service
Interested in this position? Apply Now.
Engineer – (4 positions available)
Use advanced principles of electrical and energy engineering in design projects. Research engineering and design issues involving building design, power generation plants, and/or utility systems. Analyze and incorporate power engineering theories and principles to recommend project options and alternatives to clients. Collaborate with other engineering and design team members to coordinate the design and development of energy engineering projects. Use CAD software to create design plans and project documentation for projects including 4-to-12kV conversions, Overhead to Underground conversions, smart grids, and cable and conduit designs. Draft and present regular project status reports to senior engineers and management.
Bachelor’s degree or higher in Electrical Engineering or closely related field with a focus in Power Engineering. Foreign equivalent degrees are acceptable. In addition to degree, must have any amount of full-time work or academic experience in all of the following: designing and developing projects for building design, power generation plans, and/or utility systems using power engineering theories and principles; researching engineering and design issues, evaluating alternatives, making sound recommendations and preparing recommendations; and designing projects with computer-based modeling and simulation tools.
Offers of employment are contingent upon successfully passing drug, reference and background screens.
TO APPLY, please visit https://kdmengineering.com/open-positions/ and search for Requisition ID/keyword 7778.