Celebrating a Year of Impactful Giving: KDM Engineering’s Commitment to Community in 2023
KDM Engineering, a trailblazing woman-owned electrical engineering firm committed to re-engineering the future, proudly reflects on an exceptional year of philanthropy and community engagement. In 2023, the team demonstrated a commitment to giving back resulting in a remarkable 33% volunteerism rate.
Throughout the year, KDM employees collectively volunteered 1,000 hours for charitable activities and also made significant financial contributions to support various causes. The nonprofits benefitting from KDM’s generous giving included:
- Project Onward in Chicago and Baltimore Hunger Project in Baltimore were the two organizations chosen by KDM employees to benefit from KDM’s Annual Fundraising Raffle.
- United Way of Metro Chicago and Central Maryland will benefit from our December Drive currently underway where employees are collecting supplies for Hygiene Kits and Snack Packs, directly contributing to the well-being of their local communities.
- KDM’s commitment to nurturing future engineers’ shines through its involvement with Calculated Genius. By mentoring young scholars, KDM employees are actively shaping the next generation of engineers.
- KDM was recognized as a Volunteer of the Year at the Chicago Robotics Invitational. Jake Miner’s outstanding 137 hours volunteered exemplifies the individual commitment that contributes to KDM’s collective impact on the community.
- In addition to these initiatives, KDM team members also volunteered collectively for Nourishing Hope Chi, Feed my Starving Children, and National Society of Black Engineers (NSBE). Individually, they served on nonprofit boards and committees as well as coaching, mentoring, and tutoring in their communities.
“A cornerstone of KDM’s foundation is supporting our communities in meaningful ways. Working alongside a team of individuals driven by a passion for paying it forward fills me with immense pride. Together, we embrace the responsibility of creating a positive impact that extends beyond our professional endeavors.” said KDM Engineering President/Founder Kimberly Moore.