Experienced in both overhead and underground design, our team can skillfully plan new or upgrade existing services to customers from 4kV to 34kV. We start by determining electrical system needs, analyzing system failures & suggesting appropriate solutions, and then designing the overall best system for distributing power where you need it, including renewables.
KDM works on a variety of equipment and system upgrades to improve reliability, ensuring every design meets and exceeds standards. Our team has proven experience designing electrical feeder extensions, commercial building electrical vaults, line clearance violations, voltage optimization, AMI/DA Radio Installation, system fiber builds, and more. We also work in support of storm hardening, grid resiliency, and joint-use programs. KDM’s proven process includes site assessments and strict quality control reviews to ensure clients receive high-quality deliverables.
- Reconductoring (wire upgrades, space cable, and storm hardening)
- Solutions for Line Clearance Violations
- Distribution Automation
- 34kV PTS Upgrades
- New Feeder Design (line extensions) and planning
- Overhead to Underground Conversion (4-12kV conversion)
- High Rise and Main Line Vault Design
- Bill of Material Creation
- Summer Critical
- Capacity Planning Studies
- Manhole Duct Bank Designs